Click here to see what people are saying about NRFF
The New Renaissance Screenwriting Competition has several categories. All screenplay submissions must be completed online through ISA, FilmFreeway, Withoutabox* or Film Festival Life!.** Please ensure you read all the TERMS AND CONDITIONS at the foot of this page before making your submission. Click here to see what people are saying about NRFF.
Submission Copy Formats
Text Files: PDF (.pdf) or Final Draft (.fdr)
A screenplay of between 60 and 120 pages long. Prizes: Best Feature Screenplay. Shared with others: Finalist, Honourable Mention.
Above: Writer Amy Culwick, LONDON 2018 Winner of the Best UK Feature Screenplay, ‘ROAD GIRL’.
Above: US Writer Fiona MacKenzie, LONDON 2018 Winner of the Best Action/Thriller Screenplay, ‘ALPHA NUMERIC’.
Above: Australian Writer Carmel JOYCE, LONDON 2018 Winner of the Best Period Drama Screenplay, ‘PERNILLA’S GIFT’.
15 MINUTE SCREENPLAY
A screenplay between 3 and 15 pages long. Prize: Best 15 Minute Short Screenplay. Shared with others: Finalist, Honourable Mention.
Above: Writer Stephen Graves, LONDON 2018 Winner of the Best 15-Minute Screenplay (HORROR), ‘LIVING MEMORY’.
Above: Actress / Writer /Director, Vanessa Bailey, LONDON 2018 Winner of the Best 15-Minute Screenplay (DRAMA), ‘BUS STOP’.
3 MINUTE SCREENPLAY
A screenplay with a maximum length of 3 pages. Prize: Best 3 Minute Short Screenplay. Shared with others: Finalist, Honourable Mention.
Above: Writer /Director James Hughes, LONDON 2018 Winner of the Best 3- Minute Screenplay, ‘THE SANDS OF TIME’.
YOUNG TALENT SCREENPLAY
A screenplay of between 3 and 15 pages by a young person or student (aged 18-24). Prize: Best Young Talent Screenplay Award. Shared with others: Finalist, Honourable Mention.
LONDON 2018 Young Talent Screenplay Winner, Lauren Cordeiro, ‘LIVING IN HARMONY’.
Above: Writer Natalie Froome, LONDON 2018 Award of Excellence (HONOURABLE MENTION) for ‘LIAR’, and ‘THE CHOICE’.
Above: Writer Alina Podschun, LONDON 2018 Award of Excellence (HONOURABLE MENTION) for ‘SAMPLE’.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- New Renaissance Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
- All entries should be in English or with English subtitles.
- All scripts must be original screenplays for which the applicant(s) hold the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenwriter to obtain written permission / copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
- The judges reserve the right not to enter into any correspondence after the announcement of the winner.
- The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer any waiver of the submission fee. We will not review your work without it. We will not make any exceptions.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGES, AND DEADLINES, PROGRAMS, VENUES AND DATES MAY ALSO CHANGE. ALL RESPONSES TO FILMMAKERS WILL BE BY EMAIL
* Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.
** We encourage committed filmmakers to submit via FilmFestivalLife. With monthly subscriptions and pro accounts FilmFestivalLife is the smartest way to save money with a strategic approach. Join the platform where award-winning filmmakers and quality festivals meet.