HOW TO ENTER
The New Renaissance Screenwriting Competition has several categories. All screenplay submissions must be completed online through FilmFreeway. Submission Copy Formats: PDF (.pdf) or Final Draft (.fdr). Please ensure you read all the TERMS AND CONDITIONS at the foot of this page before making your submission. Click here to see the 2019 Programme
A screenplay of between 60 and 120 pages long. Prizes: Best Feature Screenplay. Shared with others: Finalist, Honourable Mention.
Michael Monteith – LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT – Best Feature Screenplay 2019
15 MINUTE SCREENPLAY
A screenplay between 3 and 15 pages long. Prize: Best 15 Minute Short Screenplay. Shared with others: Finalist, Honourable Mention.
Martin Stocks – BLACK LAKE – Best Short Screenplay 2019
Mark J. Rigby – LOST BOY STANDING – Honourable Mention
YOUNG TALENT SCREENPLAY
A screenplay of between 3 and 15 pages by a young person or student (aged 18-24). Prize: Best Young Talent Screenplay Award. Shared with others: Finalist, Honourable Mention.
Bailey Shropshire – AUDITION – Honourable Mention (Young Talent)
3 MINUTE SCREENPLAY
A screenplay with a maximum length of 3 pages. Prize: Best 3 Minute Short Screenplay. Shared with others: Finalist, Honourable Mention.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. New Renaissance Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
2. All entries should be in English. You may submit more than one screenplay per festival.
3. All scripts must be original screenplays for which the applicant(s) hold the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenwriter to obtain written permission / copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
4. The judges reserve the right not to enter into any correspondence after the announcement of the winner.
5. The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
6. Unfortunately we cannot offer any waiver of the submission fee. We will not review your work without it. We will not make any exceptions.
7. PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGES, AND DEADLINES, PROGRAMS, VENUES AND DATES MAY ALSO CHANGE. ALL RESPONSES TO FILMMAKERS WILL BE BY EMAIL