LAND OF WINTER – Tommy Creagh and Declan O’Connor – Best International Emerging Talent Short 2019
EMERGING TALENT SUBMISSIONS
The Emerging Talent Award aims to elevate the profile of gifted student and debut filmmakers and screenwriters (18+), as well as actors (under 21). This is an exciting opportunity to discover your own unique vision and voice as an artist and to communicate with a larger audience. Everyone and all genres are welcome. For our sixth edition (2021), we have found a sponsor who will award CASH prizes for the Best films in this category: £1000 (1st place); £500 (2nd place); and 2 x £250 (3rd and 4th place). Terms and conditions apply.
All screenplay submissions must be completed online through FilmFreeway. Please ensure you read all the TERMS AND CONDITIONS at the foot of this page before making your submission. Click here to see the 2020 Programme.
Emerging Talent Finalists 2019
LIEUTENANT AT ARMS – Eve Selsick – Best Young Talent Actress 2019
ROGER – Reuben Hamlyn – Best UK Emerging Talent Short 2019
AUDITION – Bailey Shropshire – Honourable Mention
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) New Renaissance Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. (2) The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
(3) All entries should be in English or with English subtitles.
(4) All scripts must be original screenplays, for which the applicant(s) hold the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenwriter to obtain written permission/copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
(5) The judges reserve the right not to enter into any correspondence after the announcement of the winner.
(6) To qualify for a cash prize the winner must satisfy all the terms of their category, take part in an interview, and attend the festival in person to receive the award.
(7) The judges reserve the right not to award a cash prize if there is no clear winner in the category, the winner is not in attendance at the festival, or if the sponsor cannot honour their financial pledge. The Applicant shall hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred in such circumstances.
(8) The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, cash prizes advertised, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
(9) We know all too well that most filmmakers have to work with a tight budget. Unfortunately however, WE CANNOT WAIVE THE SUBMISSION FEE.
(10) Due to covid we may have to replace the live screenings with an online festival. We will try to avoid this if possible. The festival will organise this to its best abilites, but the festival cannot be held accountable for any technical difficulties that may occur during or as a result of the online screening.
(11) PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGES, AND DEADLINES, PROGRAMS, VENUES AND DATES MAY ALSO CHANGE. ALL RESPONSES TO FILMMAKERS WILL BE BY EMAIL